The Hirschi Family

The Hirschi Family
Andrew, Rachel, Jake, Gracie.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Twilight


The Vampires

Kim, Me and Nicole


Me with some Harry Potter fans. They
were funny and way into character ahhh
drama geeks! (I can say that I am one!)

Twilight.....it was a blast. As you probably tell from the pictures I went to a midnight screening with my friends Kim and Nicole. It was sooo fun, we had such a great time with way to much giggling. As we were waiting for our movie to start, Melissa a theater employee kept coming and scolding us. She explained how to correctly read our tickets and such. Poor thing to have to work that late. Before the movie started when the lights up I yelled "I love you Edward" and "Edward you can suck my blood." It was so entertaining.

I loved the movie I thought it was filmed so beautifully. A lot of the details were much more simple in my mind. For example Charlie's house was tiny, a starter home and in the movie it was full of character. I felt like they were true to the book and really stuck to the story. Of course they couldn't put in everything, however they showed the main characters intimately talking and it established their relationship pretty clearly. I felt like Kristin Stewart was an awesome Bella, much better than book Bella (for me). Edward, he is so hot right now....he was very handsome and mysterious. I thought they had great chemistry and you believed their "Romeo and Juliet" love at first sight(not literally, because at his first glance he looked like he was going to puke). All the vampires were captivating and cool, however Jasper was just laughable. I hope in the next movie he gets some lines and chills a bit. I like how all the normal kids were hilarious and established; even though they didn't have much screen time. I liked Charlie so much. He was 3 dimensional and a real father, it the book for me he was just kindof there. I think that Jacob is very likeable and young and it will be interesting to watch him grow into the character. The fight scene (literally) again was better in the movie than in my head. I picture a small sunlit rectangular studio (kindof like Kearns Highs) and not an elaborate ornate arched structure. It was cool.

The soundtrack is amazing and the songs get in your head. I highly recommend it. I went and saw Twilight again on Wednesday with Jake and he liked it. Whew! Before I saw it for the second time, I could not wait to see it again and so that is my ultimate review. I loved it.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Loved your review "spidermonkey"! I have to say that I liked it even more the second time we saw it. Just because I was so focused on the characters and the storyline. The second time I was able to just sit back and enjoy the whole movie. Edward is hot! I think I need to read them AGAIN or see the movie for a 3rd time!

Liz said...

Matt was glad to hear Jake went and saw it too. At first I didn't think I would like Edward in the movie, but I think he did a good job.