The Hirschi Family

The Hirschi Family
Andrew, Rachel, Jake, Gracie.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy New Year!

Holy cow! It has been a while...I bet you thought I had given up the addiction? No that will never happen. I did have a great Christmas. It seemed to fly by so fast and when it was over, I was shocked.
During the season my family got to do some things in the spirit of Christmas and that was so rewarding and made the season so much more. My kids were aware of others and their needs and wanted to help. I think it made everything matter more and so I was catching myself getting teary at things, even cheesy commercials and I am NOT pregnant. I love feeling aware and not numb.
My favorite part of the holiday was the long break. It was so great to spend it with the four of us, together all the time. It felt like we really needed that. The snow storms that forced us to stay home and just enjoy each others company with no distractions...no one needing our attention.
My brothers and sisters were all in town and it just feels right to be together. I love them all and wish we could get together all the time. I am so appreciative of the out-of-towners making the effort to be in town.

Before I close this...I want to express to you all that we love you and we are so lucky to have you in our lives. Thank you for being you. I know that I can think of many memories, advice or examples they have influenced me. At this time of reflection as I am getting ready for the new year...I feel so fortunate to have such incredible friends and family. I know I don't keep in touch as much as I should, especially with you who live far from us. I think of you (everyone)and miss you and smile and long for you and I want you to know that you are with me.

God Bless and Have a Happy New Year.

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Hey Rachel, we want to do another girls only dinner while Mel is in town. Any bad nights for you?

Lori Ann said...

I was starting to worry you'd gone blog awol! I'm glad you had a great holiday season and that you got to see all of your siblings.

Courtney said...

Missing you girl!